One of the most frequently asked questions at BioCurious is, “What are people working on?” We’re glad you asked. Ideas are always a-brew at BioCurious — ideas that sometimes turn into award-winning projects with global recognition. A few examples:
Our community projects are open to anyone (no membership required – just drop in!), and are driven entirely by whoever wants to show up and participate. This is a great opportunity to come check out BioCurious, and jump into some of the projects going on.
- BioPrinter – Meets every Thursday, 7:30-10pm. Hack an inkjet printer to lay out biological materials in whichever direction you want!
- Bioluminescence – Meets every Monday, 7:30-10pm. Illuminate your world by harnessing the power of nature. project wiki
- Biolab Automation & Robotics - Getting carpal tunnel from pipetting? Be a part of the robotic uprising by making the robots work for you in the bio lab.
Members at BioCurious are working on a number of other projects as well. These projects typically do involve a lot of wetlab work, so you do need to be a member (and have taken our safety training) to participate.
- Plant biology – design your own glow-in-the-dark plant!
- Algae growing – project wiki
- Development of Synthetic Biology tools